Thursday, May 8, 2008

We Have a Winner!!

Wow this was so tough! We had several really heart-felt entries from friends, daughters and husbands. Choosing was difficult, but we do have a winnner. I'm excited to announce that Candle Hernandez will receive a gift package including a Mary Kay Makeover and a portrait session and silver charm, plus a 5x5 brag album from Teri Mason Photography. Candle was nominated by her friend Rachelle Couchman. Here is the letter she shared with us:


I would like to nominate my friend Candle Hernandez. She is a 29 year old single Mom who has been divorced for several years now. She has two wonderful children Paige (8) and Marcus (6). Candle has a cleaning business and goes to nursing school at the same time because she wants more for her children. I don't know about you, but cleaning up other people's messes does not make you feel all that pretty. She has worked hard to give her children a strong sense of morals and provide a well balanced home life. I know it is not always easy for single moms to justify getting portraits of your caliber done because financially the needs outweigh the wants. She even lives at home with her Mom not necessarily because she can't afford to live alone, but because
she helps take care of her stepfather who has kidney failure due to diabetes. I have gone to church with her since high school and I have seen her grow into a beautiful positive woman. I know that if I were in her shoes I would not have been able to stay in the will of God
the way that she has. She truly has a servant's heart. She is always wanting to help anyone in need, and is always willing to give people the benefit of the doubt. I think she is just wonderful. I want her to know how beautiful she really is. Please consider her for the portrait session!


I am excited to photograph Candle and her children. I feel honored to share with this loving woman in honor of Mother's Day!

I'd also like to honor our other entrants with a half-price session. I will be contacting you privately to share this gift with you. Thank you to everyone who nominated a deserving mother!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful gift..such a lucky lady!