Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Four Generations!

This is the M family, and I was honored to photograph FOUR generations for them this past weekend. Little Maddie is a part of my Bright Beginnings Club, and will have her four month session next week, but came in early to celebrate all the wonderful women in their family.
This type of session is close to my heart. I have a treasured photograph of my own mom, grandmother and great grandmother, taken when I was around 1-1 1/2. It's just one of those great 70's snapshots, but I treasure it. See, my grandmother passed away about a year later. I was super close with my great grandmother, but sadly did not really get to know my grandmother. So to encourage families to come in to create this type of treasured heirloom for their own family, I gift the grandmothers with a small, art-mounted portrait of the group.
What are you waiting for??
Here are a few favorites from their session. I can't wait to see Maddie for her own session this Friday!





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This family will treasure these images so much!

Anonymous said...

How cool is that???? what a lucky family!! these are awesome!!!

Unknown said...

This is so amazing and something that will be treasured forever!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous family! These are beautiful photos.

Kimberly Hill said...

Lovely idea and you captured it well, Teri. Heirloom images for the family treasure for a lifetime!

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy these type of sessions where you capture the family history. Good job!