Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Becoming a Family - Austin Family Photographer

I had the extreme pleasure of photographing the Smith family recently. They have such a special story. Their newly adopted son, "E" has just joined them from Ethiopia. Adoption is very special to me, as both my mom and two of my brothers are adopted, so when Kendall called me and wanted me to document her first Mother's Day, I was elated! Baby E is such a sweetheart - all smiles and giggles. He especially loved playing in the fishbowl (no real fish were hurt in the creation of these images, LOL). I know they are patiently waiting for a sneak peek, so here are a few of my faves. Thanks again for sharing this special time with me!



8 comments:

sylvia said...

oh wow, he is adorable! love the connection in the family you captured. very sweet.

Lisa Kelly said...

as an adopted person myself, these really resonate with me. What a beautiful new family and how adorable is that baby. You have created some amazing memories here.

Kimberly Hill said...

That fishbowl shot is a hoot! The pure joy on his face is one to treasure. Love the connection with his family - such happiness!

Anna-Karin said...

What a sweet and happy little guy. He looks adorable!

Jen said...

What a GORGEOUS SMILE!!!! He would totally melt your heart, for sure! Beautiful images of a beautiful family!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely adorable! As an adoptive mom myself, I wish I had images like this of my first mother's day! Great job!!

Janine said...

WOW - what a beautiful story and amazing images to match! He looks so happy here -- I'm sure his family will treasure them for years to come!

Jenna Slomp said...

Oh I am sure the family will TREASURE these forever! What an adorable baby, the images you captured are just precious!