Thursday, June 26, 2008

Young Love - My son's!

Yes, my son, the just-graduated-kindergarten, only six years old, is in LOVE. And it is true love because it has lasted all year! He informed me way back in September, that he was in love with an EIGHTH GRADER!! And that he didn't know her name, but she was a cheerleader. Well, in a small K-8 school that had only three cheerleaders, it wasn't hard to figure out his new love. Miss Whitney.
He was quite bold throughout the year, courting her in his own way with handmade cards, letters (sometimes stuffed with magazine pull-outs for Nick jr. and Highlights magazine), even a valentine gift. When school was out and Whitney was on her way to high school, he said to me, "Mom, you should take some pictures of Whitney." So I did.
Here are some of my favorites from Whitney's photo session, courtesy of her admirer, Liam. His gift to her will be completed with a nice storybook, and I'm sure, a handmade card.





9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha! That is too funny! What a little Romeo! She IS a beautiful girl and you really brought that out, here.

Anonymous said...

She is gorgeous and these portraits are so beautiful! Very nice work!

Kimberly Hill said...

She's a beauty! Your son has some seriously good taste, Teri. I can't wait to see what he does for his girlfriends when he hits high school, LOL!

Anonymous said...

Aw - what a cutie. You are gonna have to lock him up by second grade...ha, ha.

Gorgeous photos of the girl! She is going to be SO thrilled with these!

Anonymous said...

haha that is so so cute. But really, can you blame him? she is certainly very beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Awwww, how sweet. I love the story behind these photos, makes me smile. He's clearly going to be a ladies man, look out. This girl is just stunning, and that 4th image, black and white, is just sensational.

Anonymous said...

That is the sweetest story I've read in ages. So cool that he gifted her with a portrait session with you, he already knows how to give great presents. You are raising him well. And I agree he does have great taste because she is gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful girl. Wonderful portraits!

Anonymous said...

LOL! He like older women! Well, he has good taste - she is gorgeous!