Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Ahh, the joy of being a parent...

I don't often blog about personal things in my life, but tonight I feel compelled. My son's school had a pep rally of sorts today, to "fire up" the kids about a fundraiser. Personally, I despise fundraisers like this, where the kids have to "sell" something. What it means is that the PARENTS have to pester THEIR friends and co-workers to buy some random item. Well, of course most of our friends ALSO have kids in the same school (where we also attend church) so that takes out most everyone we could sell to, right? And my family would rather just give a monetary donation than order ANOTHER magazine! I just wish there was a box to check "donation enclosed" and let it go at that. Instead I have a very hyped-up almost-7-yr old who is DYING to "earn" a build-a-bear thing.
So, dear readers, I am going to simply ask that IF you are in the market for a magazine subscription (and I can vouch for the Princess magazine, and Highlights for kids, as I ordered those last year) for yourself, your child, or a loved one, take a moment to click this link to go directly to my boy's "selling page" and type in this school ID# 985226 And please, forgive me if you are offended by this blatant begging for support :)
And just so we don't have a post with no images, here is my sweet son and his daddy, taken a couple years ago, by the late, great Monte Zucker.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a crush on willllllll....and Liam....so so so cute.

Anonymous said...

woooooah, teri- that image is BEAUTIFUL. Your son and his daddy are GORGEOUS, and that image is incredible.

Anonymous said...

Your son and dh is a good looking pair!
Lucky you to have had Monte document your growing family. A treasure for sure!