Monday, October 27, 2008

I Love This Family!

The "T" family is one of my new favorite families this year. I met Cheri when she came in for maternity portraits, along with her two "K's." Then I met the third and newest little "K" for her newborn session. They were in the midst of selling their home (which I cannot imagine with two under five and a newborn - she is one strong woman!!) and did not get to hang the portraits.
This past week, she called to schedule a family session and sent me the SWEETEST note, which I am sharing below, along with a few faves from their session this weekend. Thanks, Cheri, you really, really made my week with your kind words!! Thank you for sharing your beautiful family with me!
Teri,
I just wanted to take a quick second to thank you for making our new house our home. Not sure if you remembered or not, but our house was on the market when I came in for my maternity/family session back in April and it was still on the market when we came back for Kohen's newborn session in May. For months, I longed to display our AMAZING portraits from our sessions, but since our house was on the market I kept my prized art neatly and safely packed away. From time to time, I would open my Teri Mason boxes, smile, reminisce, and visualize how I would display our portraits once our house came off the market. Our house remained on the market for 6 long months and was due to expire at the end of July. Can you believe that we got an offer on our expiration date and our house sold? Long story short, I never got to display our portraits in our house since it sold. In September we moved into our new house, but it did not feel like home to me. However, that all changed when I got to display our portraits from our prior sessions. They brought back so many special memories and gave me a sense of peace. I finally felt at home in our new house. You captured our family so perfectly. Your art work has brought me so much happiness and every time I walk past our portraits, I stop, stare, and think to myself that I have been so blessed. Teri, you are truly an amazing artist and I want to thank you for making our new house our new home and for capturing such beautiful memories that will last a lifetime. I'm very much looking forward to our upcoming family portrait session. Thanks again!!!!
Sincerely,
Cheri Thompson





And no session with small children is without some funny outtakes... I love how Cheri & Ken are so calm in the midst :)




1 comment:

C.Thompson said...

Terri,
I love them!!! Once again you have captured our family so perfectly! I can not wait to see them all tomorrow!!!