Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Why I Do What I Do - Austin Family Photographer

So many times I hear from clients (especially us women) that they want a family portrait but "when I lose 10 lbs" or "when her teeth grow in" or "when ...." While I can relate to all the reasons we give that it's just not the perfect time for a portrait, I know that I get such great joy out of the portraits I have of my grandparents, and my great grandparents. It's funny to imagine your own children with children or grandchildren of their own, but the portraits we create WILL live on to bring joy to their lives.
I came across this video (and I hope I've embedded it correctly, it's from YouTube). I'm sure that many of you have seen it when it was a commercial, but it really reminds me why I do what I do. I love knowing that I am preserving a memory for each family that I touch - so that when those newborn wrinkles are all plumped out, that toothless grin has grown into a handsome teen, or when your "baby" is leaving home for the first time, you'll look back at these portraits, these memories, and smile, and remember.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is an awesome commercial and a great way to drive home the point. Thanks for sharing it!

Capturing the heart and soul of childhood said...

So very, very true! Thanks for the reminder.