Thursday, March 5, 2009

Two's Company - Austin Children's Photographer

I {puffy heart} these kids. I think I first photographed them when G was a newborn, and look at him now, a big FIVE year old. And B has been this gorgeous from the moment I met her. They come to see me at least once each year and I love seeing how much they have grown. I have to applaud you, Heather, for continuing to bring them in for portraits that show their true personalities. The "school-age" years often become a no-man's land of {God-awful} school mugshots, which have as much personality as, well, as a school mugshot! If you have a child this age, I urge you to step outside the box and really capture your child at this age, whether it is at a studio or by taking them out to a park on your own (but man-oh-man even the best pro has a hard time with their own kids, hehe). Off my soapbox, and onto the faves. There were many, but here are the top few ...





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Teri, you must work so hard to educate your clients on the importance of portraits throughout elementary school. Mom really showcased her adorable kids here and they'll have something to look back on and remember how cute they were instead of cheesy school pictures. It won't hurt for Mom to be the envy of all her friends for these portraits either!

Anonymous said...

these are GORGEOUS. i love the backdrops and clothing choices. your lighting is spectacular -- what a lucky mama to have these beautiful portraits of their children.